Giovanni Chiappini came to Bolgheri from Le Marche when he was a child in the 1950’s during the period of land reform. Growing up, he continued to follow his family’s rural traditions and in the 1970’s he purchased his first farm and began cultivating crops including grape vines. Over the years, the vineyards became increasingly important and, at the end of the 1990’s, became the farm’s main activity.
Passion and tradition
Today, the winery, which is certified organic since 2010, has 11 hectares of vineyards in two areas; along Via Bolgherese and in the Ferruggini area. Even today, Giovanni continues to farm the land with the same dedication and passion, qualities he has passed on to his daughters, Martina and Lisa.
His philosophy can be summed up in this sentence: “The land is worth as much as he who tends it.”
Bolgheri DOC Wines
Guado de'Gemoli | DOC Bolgheri Superiore
Felciaino | DOC Bolgheri Rosso
Ferruggini | DOC Bolgheri Rosso